Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Month 7

Hello out there readers!

 I have got to say blogging once a month on here is the way to go for this time around!  I am doing a journal at home and writing down little joys of the day.  I am going to bed at a decent hour, AND I am enjoying not feeling guilt for not blogging every day on here because I do not have the time I did the last 365 Days of Sunshine.

Month 7....can't believe we have been here already for 7 months!  This past month has been filled with fun that is for sure!  We traveled back to California for Christmas break and enjoyed our time with family and friends and fun!  We did 3 whole days of Disneyland and California Adventure.  We had SO much fun and had friends join us there for rides and shows.  I got to do a mom's night out at one of my favorite restaurants with friends.  We met up with other friends throughout our stay and had the most wonderful time catching up!  We also got to go fishing with my dad and sister and niece.  We had a blast learning how to fish and even though we didn't catch one darn fish, we still had so much fun learning!  We can't wait to try our luck catching a fish here in Texas now at one of the many watering holes around.

Christmas was very nice and it was fun to drive to California and back.  We stopped in New Mexico and spent 2 lovely days with David's family.

School started back up and life got crazy again!  I had a fun birthday week here in Texas and enjoyed lunching with friends and spending time with my kids going to eat sushi for my birthday.  The boys were SO happy I picked a sushi restaurant for my birthday dinner!  Speaking of lunch, I have really enjoyed this group of ladies who get together on a weekly basis to try different restaurants around town.  I have met so many lovely women and I am so thankful for the friendships I am making!  We also have gone to a couple of adult dinners and had a blast getting to know the husbands and other couples!  People love to talk about politics here in Texas and I am often in political heaven as we talk about guns, the NRA, and other stuff.  A gun range opened in the area recently and we can't wait to go and try it out!

As I said before, I feel beyond blessed for the friendships I am making here.  I have so many joyful friends who have been so helpful!  It is such a blessing to have friends come over and hang out, bring their dog to play with our dog, bring a paint brush and help me paint my china hutch, and hang out and enjoy fun times.

There is so much joy to be had here in Texas.  We are never without trials, that is just a way of life for us lol, but lots of joy to be found as well.  I just feel so lucky to sit in my home and feel the peace wash over me at the end of a long day.  I am so thankful for being my boy's mom and getting to do fun things with them like taking them to the movies, going to a museum, or feeling the VERY cold air with them for the first time!  I am SO not used to living in a cold place, but I have been walking around in 20 degree weather sans gloves lately.  I think I am getting used to it...holy cow!

I have been able to attend my MOPS meetings a lot more this semester and it has been so much fun to get to know more ladies here in town!  We had a mom's night out tonight and it was so much fun getting to know ladies from different tables.  I just love getting to know other mothers and hearing their stories about their kids and what they do.  It is so fun to get the advise from other parents and see how they deal with situations that arise.  We are all doing the best we can....isn't that awesome?!

I am also so thankful for Facebook.  I have been so grateful to keep in touch with so many people from California and it has been so nice to keep tabs on a daily basis with my dear friends from there!  I am hoping for a visit from any one of them...maybe when this state thaws out a bit more?  Being cold all of the time here does have its advantages though.  My very fluffy kitty cat now loves to crawl under the blankets and snuggle down with my.  My dog meanwhile snuggles on the other side of my body...I become an animal taco!  I love it!  Soft, fluffy, fur in each direction keeps me warm all night long!

Well, those are some of the very happy moments from this month 7 in Dallas.  What a beautiful town Dallas is!  I love the shiny buildings and architecture all around.  I just booked a hotel stay for our wedding anniversary weekend at a really nice hotel downtown!  Something to look forward to!  Haven't had a night away from the kids in almost a year!  YEA!  Have a blessed night all and keep finding the joy in your own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment