Saturday, February 8, 2014

Month 8

Hey all!

 So writing a bit early but who knows, maybe I will have so many happy moments I want to share that I do a few February blog posts!  This month is starting off so well and I feel so blessed each day!

This week has been an amazing week filled with fun and friends and I feel like it would be a shame to not blog some of these amazing happy moments!  I went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants with some great ladies from church on Thursday.  It is always nice to sit and chat and get to know people better.  The best thing that happened on Thursday, however, is that it finally snowed here!  Not only did it snow, but it snowed SNOW flakes!  And I don't mean the occasional snow flake, I mean thousands, hundreds of thousands of them, if not more!  It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life and I got some amazing photos of them all!
So I took some pictures and videos of the snowflakes falling down.  Every single drop of snow was in the form of a snowflake or in a snow cluster of snowflakes!  It was simply one of the most stunning things I have ever seen before in my life!  I tried to stay out for as long as I could to enjoy the incredible happy moment I was having, but it was pretty darn cold!  I am just so happy for the pictures I have to remember that day!

On Friday we went to see the Lego Movie together as a family.  What a funny movie that is!  It was so great to spend time together as a family and I am so happy we got to see such a great movie!  I also found the neatest song this past week from the movie Despicable Me 2 and I absolutely have to post it on here.  Every time I hear the song I think of this blog and I hope it makes any of you who read this smile as much as I do when I hear it!  Here is the Youtube link: http://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM

Saturday, today, was a great day and I got to sleep in, do things around the house, hang out with my boys, and then head out to a day and evening of fun with friends!  We went and saw Frozen "The Sing Along" with a group of friends from church and preschool.  It was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!  Over 100 little children voices singing along to the beautiful songs of that movie.  My heart was so touched and I liked singing along with them, but mostly I just loved listening to those precious voices.  I am posting the youtube link to my favorite song.  It makes me SO happy and this snowman REALLY knows how to find the joy!  http://youtu.be/UFatVn1hP3o
ENJOY!

After the movie and getting to talk with some of my favorite people, the boys and I headed out to meet David at our friend's house for some pizza and salad and cookies!  We had so much fun talking about their recent trip to Paris.  They are just such great people and the kids had so much fun running around and playing with their friends.  We had so much fun talking about travels, video games, how to make yummy food, and other stuff.  Can't wait to get together with them again!

So I just had to post all of this because we are out here truly finding the joy in Dallas and I am so thankful for all of the people who are right there with us!  We feel so blessed to live here and so happy to be surrounded by really fun people!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend and that you are able to find the joy, go see a movie, watch some happy moments on youtube, or just relax from a long week.  Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment