Saturday, March 29, 2014

Month 9!

So it has been 9 months since we have lived here! Holy cow! We have been super busy this past month with church stuff, kid stuff, house stuff, Spring Break, animal stuff, and just hanging out when we finally get the chance!

So we have been here for 9 months and in 2 wards during that time! They recently rezoned our area and we are now in a different ward then when we moved here. We made so many wonderful friends and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to meet some incredible people that I will be friends with for a long time! Now we are in a different ward and we have the opportunity to meet even more people! I was recently called into cub scouts as a leader. Looking forward to working with the boys and getting crafty!

Spring Break came and went by far to quickly. My parents came out to visit and we had a blast playing Texas tourists! We got the chance to take the train in Grapevine down to Fort Worth and eat lunch and take pictures of the boys riding long horn cattle! Joel brought his Flat Stanley with us wherever we went and I think everyone had fun taking pictures of him! We ate at some yummy restaurants with my parents. My dad and I took the boys fishing one day and both of them had the chance to catch a fish! Happy moments galore right there! My parents even got to be here for a mighty thunderstorm and got to see lightening and thunder up close. After the storm, there was a TRIPLE rainbow in our backyard...it was fantastic! But the time with them went by too quickly and they had to head back to California.

I have been enjoying a book club that I recently joined. It is so nice to hang out with friends at night time and talk about all kinds of books! I have some friends that have lent me some books and I am finding the joy reading again. It has been a long time since I read as much as I have been, but I am really enjoying going to other worlds, visiting other people's lives, and doing it all in my jetted tub!

With each month that passes, we meet more and more friends. We met new friends at Joel's open house at school, I have been going and eating lunch with a friend from church. Each Tuesday we go to Taco Tuesday with our neighbors and friends and meet more people there. We have a new ward and have met some wonderful people already. We have truly made this place our home and I am so happy with how abundantly blessed we have been.

Some of the greatest happy moments from the past month are small, but fun. I love watching Connor run to hug Joel when we gets out of school each day. Joel and Connor race back to me every time....it never gets old! I love when Connor has a bad dream, I find him sleeping in Joel's bed, cuddled up next to him and snuggling Joel like a teddy bear. I have loved going to the movies with my boys and listening to them laugh! I love taking my sweet puppy dog on walks and watch her sniff everything and find joy in chasing the birds through our pond. I LOVE when, for the brief minute of my life, the laundry is done for the week! I love that there have been many days of sunshine this month! Spring is arriving and we have planted a flower garden this year. I can't wait to see the flowers bloom! I love that my grass is coming back to life and turning greener every day! I love family dinners with my husband and kiddos and getting to talk about our favorite parts of our day.

Life is busy right now, but that is how it is supposed to be when a person has young children. I am so thankful I get to be as involved as I am in Joel's school and get to participate in their lives. I am so blessed dear readers! Hoping all of you are finding the joy in the busy times. They can be stressful, but they are also worth it! Until month 10! Have a joyful month!

No comments:

Post a Comment